HOW TO CHOOSE THE best Pillow For Neck Pain Side Sleeper
BEST GUIDENS TO CHOOSE BEST PILLOW TO UNLOCK YOUR SLEEP
Do you think you got enough and comfortable sleep for the past few days?. Can you remember the date you woke up with refreshed feel before your alarm time?.
on the flip side, it’s a well-known fact that getting a good night’s sleep improves performance and regenerates your energy.
servey of neck pain
According to a survey of 2017, approximately 3500 out of 10000 people lose their quality sleep because of neck pain. Most people want the best pillow for neck pain side sleeper for their quality and healthy sleep.
Everyone must sleep seven to nine hours to refresh the body and restore the immune system. Lack of sleep leads to physical and mental issues. Because of this, most people want the best pillow for neck and shoulder pain side sleepers.
The best pillows for neck pain aim to keep your neck, head, and spine aligned and keep your body parallel to the ground or bed.
There are no possibilities to get the best sleep if you did not use a good pillow for neck pain. The right pillow and mattress are key to unlock your dreams while you sleep.
what causes neck pain
People are affected by neck and shoulder pain because of various reasons. Most people are having neck pain because they are working in an ideal position without distraction.
It causes pain in their neck and shoulders. Some of them are affected by sudden accidents that also lead to aches and pain. Sleeping in an awkward position is also creates pain.
People want the best pillow to hold down their neck and shoulders to relax them. But they did not know about the pros and cons of pillows.
Most of them confused about how do I choose the right pillow?.
I think you are also searching for the best pillow for your neck pain. If you are searching for that, you come to the right place. I hope here; you can get the best solution for your problem.
Pillows are not only supported by your head, but it also supports your feelings, it supports your emotions, it supports your dreams when you lay on it.
Choosing the right pillow is not an easy process. But it can be done by knowing about some characteristics of pads.
Before selecting the right pillow, first, you must determine your sleeping style, which helps pick the right one based on your requirement.
what is the reason for my severe neck pain?
I’m a side sleeper; I’m always sleeping by supporting my left shoulder on the mattress. A few years ago, I was affected by neck pain on my left side neck. I cant able to turn my neck .
so I decided to consult with a doctor for my neck pain. I went to the hospital to take treatment. The doctor preferred some medicine for neck pain. In few days, I was relieved from that.
I felt delighted, but my happiness is not stable for long.
After few weeks, again, I was affected by the same neck pain. I get feared and confused. I don’t know how to get relief from that pain.
Even though I tried sleeping pills for sleep, but I could sleep with pain. Finally, I decided to analyze the reason for my neck pain. I reanalyzed my activities to find what causes my neck pain. After some days, I found the reason for my neck pain. The reason for my neck pain is my pillow.
Do you hope that? I’m not also expecting that, but that is true. The selection of the wrong pillow caused my neck pain.
The thickness of my pillow is high compared with normal pillows, and it’s so hard in the beginning. I can’t found any difference, but after some days, that started to create pain in my neck because of the high thickness that lift my head upward position from my shoulder and spine axis. Slept in that incline position made discomfort in my nervous system.
Then I realized the vital role of a pillow for quality sleep.so I wanted to change my pillow, so I searched for the best pillow.
First, I confirmed what my sleeping style is? Then I searched for a pillow for my sleeping style. I chose a latex pillow for my neck pain because it has natural foams softer than others. It kept more support and comfort to my neck and maintained its alignment parallel with the spine.
After choosing the right pillow, I got a deep and peaceful sleep without any ache and pain. Now I sleep seven to nine hours a day with my pillow. It does not only keep my head its also keep my dreams and make my night dreamful and peaceful.
Each type of pillow has different pros and cons. You can choose anyone depending on your sleeping style. After reading this, you may think, what is the sleeping style? Sleeping style is nothing; it is your sleeping position.
Before choosing the pillow, first, you should determine the position you mainly sleep in. then, you have to check the gap between your neck and pillow surface.
If you were using a very thick or small pillow, that means you slept at an awkward angle for the past few days
WHAT TYPE OF SLEEPING STYLE IS YOURS?
side sleepers always sleep right or left side. So they need the best neck pillow for side sleep. If you are a side sleeper, you should pick a firm pillow because it has a comfortable thickness that fills the gap between your neck and shoulder.
If cost is not a problem for you, you can go for latex. Compared with firm, latex is a more costly and breathable version. It is the best pillow for side sleepers with neck pain.
If you are a back sleeper, a slim pillow needs to support and keep your spine aligned and can ease you from lower back pain Memory foam is suitable for your sleeping position, and you can also consider wool. But compared with memory foam, wool is thick, which means you won’t be pushed uncomfortably forward.
Wool is the best temperature regulator that will not increase the temperature when you are pushed down by using your head while sleeping.
A soft and fluffy pillow is best for front sleepers because it keeps your neck flat that won’t push your neck upward. If you are in this category, you can pick feather and down. The feature type is naturally soft, fluffy, and long-lasting. But cost-wise it’s more expensive.
One pillow is wont suitable for all sleeping styles; you can go for a microfiber pillow if you are a combination sleeper because it comes with a range of thicknesses to suit anyone.
If you pick adjustable pillows, you can add or remove filling depends on your need.
If you are experiencing pain relief from your neck and shoulder. We can decide that pillow is suitable for your sleep. But if you feel the same pain while sleeping, it’s not a problem with your pillow. Otherwise, the best choice is to consult the doctor about your situation.
Types of foams
After knowing the sleeping style, you should know the various types of pillows and their uses—many kinds of pillows available on the market. We can classify the cushions by the following categories.
2.feather and down
- Choosing the suitable foam is very important as buying the right mattress. Low-quality memory foam won’t give you comfort and support while you sleep.
- The best pillow offers many benefits to you, not only sleep. Memory foam pillow has a unique shape that gives optimum support to the gap between your neck and shoulder and aligned with your spine while you sleep.
- It feels like a sponge that is comfortable for combination sleepers because it can be compressed to any position depending on the sleeper’s position and back to its original shape when you wake up from bed.
- The main thing is, availability of memory foam is too high in the mattress and bedding market. I think you have clarified your doubts about the memory foam pillow.
2.feather and down
- Feather and down is the best alternative to memory foam. This pillow is made by using nanocube and nanocube technology. It has more tiny cell foams which are filled with air. So it gives more support and comfort to your neck, head, and shoulder.
- Because of open-cell foams, they can easily compress and bounce back to their original shape. Air-filled cells give superb comfort and keep your neck parallel to the mattress.
- It doesn’t have the sumptuous, hotel-style plumpness of a fully-lofted down pillow. But whenever it doesn’t give you chronic neck, shoulder pain.
- It adapts to any sleeping style by adding or removing some nanocubes from the pillow.
- A pillow that is made by using microfibres that wounded tightly together is called a microfibre pillow. Because of tight wounding, it will act as antimicrobial property naturally.
- The main advantage of this item repels moisture because it’s made up of synthetic material. So you can easily clean it by using the washing machine and dried as usual.
- Recently microfibre pillows are gaining more popularity because they are very affordable, long-lasting, and easy to clean. Most people changed to microfibre pillows because they are more breathable. It acts as an insulator to maintain its temperature in both hot and cold situations.
- It does not lose its lint and wrinkles even though it’s washed.
- Compared with other wool, pillows are made from natural fiber. So it always eco-friendly to nature and no hazardous to the sleeper.
- There is air between fiber off material it can be leading the optimum body temperature .its more comfortable and suitable for your sleep.
- Due to this reason, you can see that pillow on premium or luxury pillow section, which is more expensive because of its filling material compared with other pillows like microfibre and foam.
- Latex is made from natural foam. So it gives more comfort and support while you sleep. You can feel the softness of latex if you choose that.
- It relieves the pain and pressure in your neck while you sleep. You can feel the quality of sleep when you wake up.
- Nowadays, synthetic foams are coming, but their durability is always less than natural foam or natural latex.
- Natural foams are biodegradable and eco-friendly to the environment. so you don’t need to worry about anything. Most eco-friendly shoppers and luxury shoppers always prefer natural foam latex.
FACTORS YOU must know WHEN CHOOSE A best PILLOW for neck pain side sleeper
1.shape-it must contain perfect shape because the irregular shape makes you uncomfortable and spoil your quality sleeping time
2.Degradable-it should be eco-friendly to the environment.
3.Weight-the weight should be less than or equal to 1 kg.
4.Softness-it is the primary and significant quality of a good pillow you choose. Lack of softness creates pain in your neck and shoulder.
5.Support-A good pillow gives the best support to the spinal and makes you feel good.
6.Appearance-outline of a pillow must have a good tailor appearance.
7.size-large sizes pillows are much better for your head, filling a gap between your neck and shoulder.
8.thickness-thickness should be minimum for a perfect pillow. If the thickness is high, that raises your head from your body, which creates an uncomfortable position if you sleep more than hours in that position, making a pain on your neck.
10 BEST PILLOWS FOR NECK PAIN up to 50% OFF
DreamyBlue Premium Pillow
Brand – dream blue
Size – queen
About this pillow
- Waking up with a stiff is possible with this pillow.
- This shredded memory foam pillow is the revolutionary hybrid designed to give you the luscious feel of down and firm support of memory foam.
- It is designed with zipper access to add or remove the foams as per your sleeping position.
- The pillowcase is made up of rayon fabric which is mite resistant, hypoallergenic. So it is more breathable to you.
- It comes with a lifetime replacement and warranty. It gives a trustworthy feeling to buy this pillow.
ZAMAT Adjustable Cervical Memory Foam Pillow
Brand – ZAMAT
Material – memory foam
About this pillow
- It’s specially made for neck pain side sleepers.
- It’s a great pillow with an ergonomic shape that offers excellent support for your head and neck.
- The butterfly design of this pillow is specially made for gives rest to your arms.
- If you want to buy a natural and healthy pillow, it’s a good choice for you.
- It provides smooth and soft support to you when you are sleeping.
- The shape of the pillow comes to its original condition within few minutes when you wake up from it.
- The Pillowcase is made of bamboo and polyester, so you can wash it by using the machine.
- If you choose this, you can get 100% satisfaction from buying it.
PLX shredded memory foam pillow
Brand – PLX
Size – Queen
About this pillow
The company designs the best pillows for sleeping.
- It uses the cooling shredded foam technology that helps to keep you cool all night.
- Breathable covers keep the pillow dry and comfortable to sleep.
- The cover is easy to wash because it’s made up of bamboo extract.
- Usage of memory foam is comfortable for all sleeping styles such as side sleeper, front sleeper, back sleeper.
- It can attain its original shape within few seconds.
- You can pick this pillow with 10 yrs warranty. It is an excellent deal for anyone.
Tempur-Pedic cooling Memory Foam pillow
Brand – Tempur-pedic
Item dimension -34 x 16 x 6.6
About this pillow
- Pillow designed with iconic pressure-relieving comfort and innovative cooling technology.
- It’s made of Tempur material, so it has medium soft and gives good support to your neck and shoulder.
- By the usage of cutting-edge cooling gel technology, it keeps you cool all night.
- The Pillow cover is more breathable and easily washable.
- You can get this with 5 yrs warranty.
Continental Bedding White Goose Down Luxury Pillow
Brand – continental bedding
Dimension – 23.5 x 15.1 x 7.7
Features of pillow
- Its made of 100% Egyptian cotton for premium sleeping.
- Because cotton is more fluffy and soft, you can feel like lying on a cloud.
- It provides superior support and comfort and substance and softness to your neck and back.
- Its comfort for all your sleeping position.
- The pillow shells are stitching, and reinforced seams assure that no feathers poking out, there is no odor and no noise with movement.
Sleep artisan latex pillow
Brand – sleep artisan
Dimension – 20 x 36 x 5
About the pillow
Compared with memory foam, it gives 97% more pressure relief.
- It’s designed with zip-type; you can unzip and remove or add enough fill as per your comfort.
- Its made of natural latex and poly silk fiber fills that make a plush, and it can be molded and shaped for ultimate comfort and support.
- You can wash the outer cover because it has a zip-type for removing extreme cases.
- Latex is always inhospitable to bed bugs, dust mites, and microorganisms.
- You can buy this with 30 days’ money-back guarantee.
Siberian 800 Fill Power White Goose Down Pillow
Brand – continental bedding
Dimensions – 20 x 36 x 5
About this pillow
- The pillow is made of 100% cotton. So it is more soft and durable.
- Cotton is softer and gives a fluffy feel to you, which is suitable for your all type of sleeping position.
- It keeps you more comfortable and breathable.
- The fabric allows air to circulate your head.
- Its specially made for a person who has seasonal allergies, sensitive skin.
Royal therapy memory foam pillow
Brand – TEKAMON
Firm – plush
About the pillow
- The pillow has cooling bamboo fiber that makes you cool during sleep.
- Because of expert tailoring, it is more breathable, which circulates your head.
- Best neck support pillow that provides an excellent balance of firm supporting and soft feeling.
- It removes the neck pressure and pain for sleeping effectively.
- It’s comfortable for all types of sleepers.
- You can get 100% satisfaction after bought it.
TEKAMON shredded memory foam pillow
Brand – royal therapy
Dimensions – 30 x 20 x 5
About the pillow
- Royal therapy is the best, versatile and comfortable pillow for good sleep.
- It is filled with memory foam that keeps your neck, head, and shoulder.
- Foam deal your neck and shoulder gentle and relieve the pressure that leads to pain and aches.
- It has a perfect shape to fill the gap between the neck and shoulder.
- It keeps your spine aligned with the mattress while you sleep.
Avana orthopedic wedge pillow
Brand – Avana
Dimensions – 32.5 x 30 x 11
About this item
- It comes with a set of 5 pieces for spine, neck, and leg support.
- The orthopedic cushion offers the best support while sitting or laying back.
- All cushions have a rich, supportive foam.
- Pillow is covered with breathable bamboo-rayon fabric. So it helps to circulate the air through the pillow.
- You can pick this pillow with one year warranty.
These are some best and comfortable pillows listed above. They are the best and premium pillows on the market. If you choose anyone from above, that will give you a trustworthy feel and money-worth-able features for your hardened money. All cushions are searched and listed based on their best pros and cons.
This website contains useful information with affiliate links. but we don’t get money from you. we will get some affiliate commision if you buy any products by using these affiliate links otherwise our motto is to provide information to you.